The Sheffield City Region Enterprise Zone comprises a number of well-connected development areas along the M1 corridor, where a range of Enterprise Zone Incentives are available for advanced manufacturing and technology intensive businesses.
The Enterprise Zone offers a prime opportunity for companies to choose a business location benefiting from:
- Excellent transport connectivity across the UK.
- Proximity to the critical mass of the Sheffield city region's manufacturing supply chain, and the world class companies and research organisations located at the Advanced Manufacturing Park , including the new Rolls Royce Advanced Blade Casting and Project PoWeR facilities.
- Access to a range of planning, financial and infrastructure support packages including: Business rate reliefs worth up to £275,000 per eligible business over a 5 year period; Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA) for qualifying plant and machinery.
- Simplified planning processes to facilitate fast track planning applications.
- Access to superfast broadband via the Digital Region network.
Only 6 Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECAs) have been granted nationally by central Government of which 3 have been granted within the Sheffield city region.
A company qualifying for ECAs will be able to claim enhanced first year allowances at 100% for up to 5 years.
Sites within the Enterprise Zone include the Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP), Sheffield Business Park and Tinsley Park and detailed site plans for each location are available to download on the dedicated website.