We are committed to investing in our city, supporting businesses and growing our economy.
So what’s happening?
- Innovation Districts – We are working with partners to create the UK's first Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District growing the successes of the Advance Manufacturing Park AMP and the Sheffield Business Park.
- The Outdoor City – We are working to produce an outdoor economic strategy to better support the outdoor industry within Sheffield and better market the city’s amazing outdoor assets to visitors. The strategy will position Sheffield as The Outdoor City.
- City Deal – We have achieved transferred powers from Whitehall to put the city region in charge of a ground breaking business led skills model. Together with a £700m Sheffield City Region investment fund this will support us to invest in infrastructure, people and industry.
- Enterprise Zone - The Sheffield City Region Enterprise Zone is made up of a number of well-connected development areas along the M1 corridor. Enterprise Zone Incentives are available here to encourage growth and investment by hi-tech firms.
- The Olympic Legacy Park is a 35 acre site in Attercliffe Sheffield, set to become an internationally recognised centre for health and wellbeing research and learning. Home to a range of world-class sports and exercise facilities, the park will give members of the public the chance to improve their health and wellbeing alongside elite athletes and sports men and women. The multi million pound development which includes the Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre (now open to the public) is a joint venture between the public and private sectors, led by Legacy Park Ltd with partners Sheffield City Council, Sheffield Hallam University and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
City centre developments:
- The Moor – phase two of a major redevelopment project is underway with the construction of retail stores and units, a multi-screen cinema, restaurants and bars.
- Sheffield Retail Quarter - is an exciting new retail proposition in the city centre. It is located in and around Barkers Pool/Cambridge Street, combining new and refurbished buildings. The proposition is currently out for consultation.
- St Pauls - 3 St Paul’s Place is the third phase of office development at this landmark scheme, located in the heart of Sheffield city centre.
- Superfast Broadband - This is the next generation of broadband - providing a faster and more reliable service using fibre optic technology to deliver speeds which can top 80Mbps. The broadband infrastructure works will start this year and complete by 2017, making Sheffield a better connected, more attractive place for businesses to locate and grow.
- High Speed Rail – Government is considering two station locations (Meadowahall or Sheffield City Centre) for HS2 which will connect Sheffield with London faster by 2032. Sheffield believe that a city centre station will provide the best economic return for the region.
- Transport for the North – The Northern Transport Strategy has set out an aspiration for improved connectivity in the north with a 30 minute journey time between Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester.
For more information please contact Creative Sheffield +44 (0)114 2232345