Sheffield provides businesses with the opportunity to capitalise on our significant expertise in user centred design, novel materials and advanced manufacturing techniques to develop new products and services for the healthcare sector.
With first class university expertise, the ability to engage with healthcare providers and a local support network, businesses are able to innovate and grow in the city.
As well as being home to one of the largest concentrations of orthopaedic, medical device and surgical instrumentation companies in the UK, Sheffield has a growing community of digital and design solutions companies. We’re home to companies such as B Braun Medical Ltd, ADL Smartcare, JRI Orthopaedics, Symmetry Medical, and Swann Morton.
Sheffield provides companies with a prime opportunity to:
- Capitalise on regional strengths in rapid prototyping, 3D printing, materials, coatings, and design and implementation of novel materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Access a comprehensive manufacturing supply chain which is able to operate from the nano-scale to large scale precision engineering.
- Collaborate with universities, research companies and development organisations with considerable expertise in a range of disciplines including human centred design, electronics, diagnostics, additive manufacturing, robotics, health economics, digital healthcare applications, biomaterials and tissue engineering.
- Take products from concept to commercialisation and navigate regulatory approvals by working with specialist organisations including Devices For Dignity and Medipex.
- Engage in research trials in partnership with the Sheffield Teaching Hospital Trust - the UK’s largest NHS Foundation Trust and one of the largest and busiest teaching hospital networks with international recognition for its work in neurosciences, spinal injuries, and orthopaedics.
- Take advantage of an integrated healthcare community connecting industry, academia and healthcare providers through organisations such as Medilink Yorkshire & Humber and Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network.
For more information about Sheffield’s healthcare technologies please contact a member of the team on 0114 223 2382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org