Schools & Colleges
A pipeline of key activities from secondary school all the way through to university exists for young people with an interest in starting up in business. This includes:
- School Enterprise Champions – supports schools and colleges to develop entrepreneurial activity and model good practice drawing on real business expertise.
- BiG Challenge – an enterprise competition designed to encourage young people to consider starting their own business as a credible way forward.
- Peter Jones Enterprise Academy – BTEC level 2 and 3 qualification in enterprise and entrepreneurship at Sheffield College.
- Young Entrepreneurs Club – A business network for young people interested in business.
- The Universities – business support for students, increased business incubation space and graduate entrepreneurship scheme.
For more information about getting involved as a mentor or sponsoring a school activity please call the Enterprise Gateway on 0800 043 55 22.