Taking the first steps
Thinking of taking the first steps to becoming your own boss? Our enterprise coaching team offers a series of group coaching sessions providing you with helpful hints and tips whilst giving you the opportunity to discuss business start up issues with other people in the same position. The coaching sessions consist of:
- Session 1 - Explores the viability of your business idea using market research techniques. Topics covered include: Identifying who your customers are and researching competitors.
- Session 2 - Covers the principles of basic business financial planning for the year ahead. Topics include: start up costs; understanding cash flow; and the principles of pricing.
- Session 3 - This session includes information on: registration with HMRC; tax and NI contributions; expenses and allowances; and record keeping. This interactive session is a must for every new start up business.
Use the Events Search on the right for more information on how to book a place and to see what other business support events are running in Sheffield as part of the Sheffield Enterprise Programme.
- Weekly Drop-in-Days - Meet with a coach on a 1 to 1 basis.
- Information Sessions – Covering: sales, marketing, social networking for business and other useful subjects.
- My Story in Business - Take the opportunity to hear from local entrepreneurs (from all walks of business) on their experience of setting up their own company.
- Breakfast Club - An opportunity to network with people who are at a similar stage in business.
Use the Events Search on the right for more information on how to book a place and to see what other business support events are running in Sheffield as part of the Sheffield Enterprise Programme .
Take a look at our case studies over on the right to read how this type of support has helped real businesses like yours or listen to Sheffield Live podcasts of their Friday morning Business Live show which features several interviews with our clients.
First Point for Business
Struggling with red tape? First Point for Business Enterprise Gateway is your one point of contact for all your business needs. If you are setting up a new business, for example, you may need to speak to Planning, Licensing, Building Standards, Business Rates and a number of our other services. Work with a key account adviser who will identify your needs and help connect you to the right advice and support.
For more information please contact First Point for Business Enterprise Gateway on 0800 043 55 22
Start Up Loans for Young People
If you are in the process of establishing a business, a new start up loan is now available. For more information please click here.