Useful links and guidance in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This web page is intended to give the latest information possible regarding the impact of Coronavirus on visitor, business, conference and invest related matters in Sheffield.
Information for Businesses
Sheffield City Council recognises that businesses are facing unprecedented times. We will do everything we can to help businesses survive and mitigate the impacts on their workforce.
The situation is unfolding very rapidly so it is vital that businesses are helped with up to date and accurate information to help them receive the support that will be on offer, nationally and locally. This will include:
- Job Retention Scheme
- support to defer VAT and income Tax payments
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £10,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a property rateable value under £15,000
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Loan Facility
- support to defer VAT and Income Tax payments
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
The Business Sheffield team of advisors will be on hand over the coming weeks and months to help businesses navigate their way through the support that will be available. Advisors can be contacted on 0114 224 5000 or at email@example.com.
In order to properly reflect the Government's emerging schemes Sheffield City Council are delaying the start of our 2020/21 business rate collection.
No business rates payments will be requested in April until there is more detail from the Government regarding how to administer the reliefs and grants. If you or your business is experiencing difficulties then please get in touch with the business rates team on 0114 273 4318 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following pages give additional help and support:
The latest information we have received regarding social distancing, protecting those at risk, and working practices and procedures can be found here.
Visitor Attractions, Venues and Events
Following the Government’s latest advice re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) to avoid social interaction and mass gatherings, many event organisers and leisure venues have cancelled events and closed their premises. A summary of event cancellations and venue closures in Sheffield can be found on the Sheffield City Council website HERE.
Please also check event and venues' own websites and social media for the most up to date information on cancellations, postponements, refunds and booking transfers. Visit Sheffield will also attempt to share as much information as possible as it becomes available via Twitter and Facebook.
If you are looking for general information on a personal or practical level then please visit the official NHS advice web page and UK Government's response web pages. The Department of Health and Social Care Twitter page is also updated daily at 2pm.
The latest travel advice issued by the UK Government can also be found here.