Small and medium sized enterprises (up to 250 employees) are the foundation of the city region’s economy, making up the vast majority of our businesses and contributing significantly to overall employment and business turnover in the local economy.
As a creative, inventive and energetic place, the region’s authentic and independent character is reflected in an aptitude for generating bright ideas, having an inquisitive and innovative spirit, and a deserved reputation for getting things done! As a graduate these exciting SMEs can offer you something quite different to some of the larger employers, including:
- A strong platform on which to build your future career
- A wide range of experiences to give you broad understanding
- A role with more responsibility and accountability
- The opportunity to make quick progression
- An ideal way to develop some important transferable skills
- A chance to have real impact and get noticed
- An open environment in which you are free to offer your ideas
- A relaxed, informal working environment
But don’t take it just from us! Check out our case studies to hear more from real graduates working in SMEs in Sheffield City Region. If you want to view the current vacancies, click here.