Experience life as a Tudor doctor at Sheffield Manor Lodge on Sunday 24th September!
Have you got the skills to help cure your patients and survive? Being a doctor (or a patient) in Tudor times could be quite gruesome.
There were all sorts of nasty diseases, infections and horrible injuries you could suffer from…
Now is your chance to experience what it was like to be a Tudor doctor through a variety of fun activities!
On the day, you can:
● Discover all the weird and whacky things that were used to ‘cure’ Tudor illnesses.
● Design and craft your own Tudor cure, plague doctor mask and pomander.
● Go on a Tudor doctors trail in Sheffield Manor Lodge’s historic grounds.
● Activities are aimed at children aged 6-11.
● Tickets for the activities are £4.50 per child.
● Sheffield Manor Lodge are also offering guided tours at 10.30am, 12pm and 1.30pm with expert historian David Templeman (tickets are £4.50 per person).