Fulwood Old Chapel was built in 1728 on a green just outside Fulwood village as a meeting place for those who felt the restrictions and dogma of the Church of England too much but still wanted a place to meet and worship.
Mon - Sat : Closed
Sun : 11:00 - 13:00
They are proud of the beautiful old building and its heritage and equally as proud of the new facilities that now bring it into the 21st century.
The setting makes it ideal for weddings positioned as it is in the Mayfield valley and with the chapel situated directly opposite the entrance to the park of Forge Dam there are plenty of opportunities for photographs. You can even hold small reception parties after the ceremony in the newly furbished function room not forgetting the brand new fully equiped kitchen.
The building is fully used and is maintained to the highest standard. This is a building to be shared and, during the week, they encourage the buildings and facilities to be used by the local community. Currently there is a variety of groups who use it including Jack-in-a-box, (a toddler's' music class), yoga and pilates, choral groups, Women's League and the Townswomens Guild to name but a few.