Art in the Gardens
Sheffield Botanical Gardens, 4 - 5 September 2021
10.30am - 5.30pm
- Premier Artists and Craft Professionals.
- Open art Exhibition
- Outdoor sculpture on the lawns.
- Huge variety of artist and craft exhibitors.
- Home and Gardens Showcase.
- Sheffield Young Artists Display
- Original art, prints and craft for sale direct from the artists.
A great day out for all the family...
The annual Art in the Gardens event, held in Sheffield Botanical Gardens, is arguably the largest outdoor art market in the North of England with artists, craft makers and visitors coming from across the UK.
This event is a truly wonderful opportunity to buy the perfect piece of art or craft direct from the artists, whilst enjoying the stunning surroundings that the gardens have to offer. Thousands of pieces of art and craft will be on show and for sale.
From premier artists in the pavilions and marquees, sculptures on the lawns to the Open Art Competition, a dedicated 'Home and Gardens' area and a host of professional artists and craft makers.
Come along to explore the gardens, meet the artists, enjoy some locally sourced food and drink, beautiful artwork and enjoy your day.
The event will be held on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 September 2021.
To help manage capacity within the gardens, there will be two sessions each day:
- 10.30am - 2pm
- 2pm - 5.30pm
Purchasing tickets - DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED in July
Graysons Solicitors – Premier Sponsor of Art in the Gardens 2021
We are delighted to announce that Graysons Solicitors are returning as the Premier Sponsors of ‘Art in the Gardens’ for the third year running.
Graysons is one of the region’s longest established and most respected law firms. With a keen interest in art and the cultural life of the city, they are also the brand new sponsors of Sheffield Young Artists 2021.
Peter Clark, managing partner at Graysons, said: “It was wonderful that last year’s event went ahead, despite the pandemic. We’re very hopeful that this year’s show will play a major part in the start of the cultural recovery of our city and it’s a privilege to be involved once again.”
Graysons Solicitors specialise in property, family law, lifetime planning, wills, estate and trusts, elderly client services, personal injury and clinical negligence.
To find out more please visit: www.graysons.co.uk
Open Art Exhibition
The Open Art Exhibition takes place in the largest marquee at the event and is a great opportunity for amateur and semi-professional artists to exhibit their work to thousands of visitors. If your work is of a professional quality and you would like to give selling your work a try at Art in the Gardens, then please download the Open Art Form and the Open Art Letter. There is a selection process to ensure the excellent quality of the Open Art Exhibition, and in this marquee we hang and sell the work on your behalf.
Please note the selection process is by email submissions due to covid-19.
2020 Winners were as follows:
Best in Show – “Jacqui” by Lizzy Alageswaren
Miscellaneous – “Towing at a snail’s pace” by Samuel Simpson
All Scapes – “Curbar Edge” by Colleen Penny
Still Life & Flowers – “Ostrich Egg” by Trevor Neal
Wildlife and Animals – “Oyster Catcher” by Melanie Armstrong
Abstract – “Abstract 6” by Colleen Penny
Figurative and Portrait – “Breaking Bad” by Luke Needham
Photography – “Robin in Garden Pond” by John Scholey
Highly Commended – “Wash Away your Troubles” by Chloe Longden
Highly Commended – “Wild Yorkshire” by Sue Toft
Congratulations to all of the 2020 winners and thank you to all artists for exhibiting last year.
Covid Safety Measures
We want to keep you safe and healthy at Art in the Gardens, so we will be implementing a number of measures to ensure the event is as Covid - safe as possible for visitors and meets all the official Government guidance. Measures that will be in place during the event include:
- Visitors will be asked to wash their hands often and avoid touching their face. Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Maintain a social distance from others (minimum 2m).
- Face coverings must be worn when entering marquees, pavilions or engaging with any of the exhibitors.
- A one-way system will be in place and organisers request visitors keep to two customers or one family bubble per stall at any one time. Please wait patiently to the side before approaching if there is already a group at the stall you wish to visit.
- Please use available hand sanitizer before touching anything, especially artwork, sculpture, cellophane wrapped prints, cards etc.
- The event will be supporting the UK Government Track and Trace initiative by collecting contact details of attendees at the event when you book tickets.
- Please be aware that if you arrive outside of your session you may not get access to the event if it is full due to the Covid-Safe Capacity regulations, so organisers advise that you please try and arrive well within your booked session.
- Please turn up with your tickets ready to be scanned upon entry.
- Please DO NOT attend Art in the Gardens if you or your family group are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19. If you have a recent onset of a new continuous cough or a high temperature (over 37.9°C) or any other associated symptoms, then please stay home and arrange to be tested. If you can no longer attend the event for this reason and require a refund, this can be arranged by contacting: email@example.com
We ask all visitors to help do their bit in keeping the event safe for everyone by adhering to all the guidelines above. Stay safe, keep well and we look forward to seeing you at the event.